The daily ramblings of me... I think that sums it up in a nutshell.
Friday, January 16, 2009
10 Success Commandments
1. Stop sitting on your assets, gifts and talents. Procrastination is a thief. Tap into your creativity, purpose, imagination, intuition, network and resources.
2. Stop worrying. Action and faith speak louder than fear. Thou shall let go and let God. (Therefore do not worry and be anxious.- Matthew 6:31)
3. Avoid distractions, impatience and clutter. Keep the main thing...the MAIN THING. Follow your list of things to do to remain focused, organized and productive.
4. Find a balance between encouraging and helping others in need and knowing when to distance yourself from "energy vampires" who drain you with their drama and negativity.
5. Do the math and count your blessings. Praise God in the good and the difficult times.
6. Develop the self-esteem and courage to say "no" or "yes" when it is appropriate and necessary.
7. Be a good listener and observer. Keep your eyes, ears, heart and mind open. Blessings and breakthroughs can show up in unexpected ways.
8. Build strong character. Serve others (family, community, employment) with integrity and best practices.
9. Continue to seek ways to grow in your education, faith, self-esteem, skills and personal growth.
10. Drink plenty of water, eat healthy foods, stretch/exercise and take good care of your body. Remain active. Remember a sense of humor is healthy. A daily "laughsitive." moves out joy-blockages i.e. toxins, stress, anger and fear.
Written by Jewel Diamond Taylor, an excerpt from her e-book, CD and keynote message entitled "The Trampoline or Cement: The Art of Bouncing Back from Setbacks"