Tuesday, April 8, 2008

God Today Devotions April 7, 2008


God Today Devotions April 7, 2008


Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23


The secrets of our heart are revealed in our actions. We may appear to be strong, and capable, sweet and kind, but there may be turmoil, strife, jealousy or anger buried deep within. Regardless of how we may try to hide our feelings they will eventually become visible in our lives. We must guard our hearts, placing them in the hands of God allowing Him to heal the brokenness and fill it with His goodness. Our hearts are naturally corrupt but when God dwells within us He changes them and fills them with His goodness. We must be willing to ask God to look deep within our hearts, to clean them and to heal them.


Prayer:

Search my heart Lord and remove all that is not You. I open my heart and ask that You fill it with Your treasure and help me to protect it always. May my heart always hunger for You, saturate it with Your love. You are my heart's desire.


Amen.

No comments: